THE COLLEGE OF ANAESTHESIOLOGISTS OF SRI LANKA ANAESTHETIC INCIDENT REPORT
A CRITICAL INCIDENT is any event which affected or could have affected the safety of the patient while under anaesthetic care
- Report any incident, no matter how trivial.
- The incident need not have been preventable.
- The incident may occur any time from before induction to after discharge from the recovery room.
- You may do this in one of the two ways listed below;
- Option 1 – Fill the online form
Option 2 – Download the PDF, take a printout and post the completed form to No 44/5A, Gnartha Pradeepaya Mawatha, Colombo 8. Please do not indicate that it is a Critical Incident Form on the envelope.
Or you may download & fill the PDF form using a PDF editing programme (Ex: Adobe Acrobat Pro/ PDFescape) and email it to email@example.com
Do not identify the reporter or the patient on this form. The only person who knows this information is you.
All reports will be reviewed within our department. The overall aim is to prevent recurrence of incidents. We plan to identify causes of incidents, alert all anaesthetists to problems that are occurring and develop preventive strategies as indicated