Applications are hereby called for the Dr Thistle Jayawardene Oration to be held at the induction of president of the College of Anaesthesiologists and Intensivists of Sri Lanka 2021. The terms & conditions are as follows.
Terms and Conditions for the Oration:
- The lectureship is open to all members of the College of Anaesthesiologists & Intensivists of Sri Lanka.
- A PDF version of the soft copy of the entire oration should be sent before the 30th September 2020 to The General Secretary, College of Anaesthesiologists and Intensivists of Sri Lanka via email. E mail address- firstname.lastname@example.org. There should not be any substantial alteration in the text when the lecture is finally delivered.
- A brief resume of the salient points of the paper should also be submitted via email at the same time, indicating any contribution to further advances in knowledge of the subject.
- The oration should preferably not exceed 45 minutes.
- A committee of five will be nominated by the council to scrutinize papers submitted and to select a suitable candidate. This committee shall award the lectureship.
- The lecture should be related to intensive care and should be based on the original scientific work of the lecturer.
- It should not be pure demographic data or audits of your general clinical practice.
- Preferably the data of your work should have been used at least in one previous study and at least one paper should have been published on your findings/topic in an accepted medical journal.
- In the event of the committee being unable to select a lecturer from the applicants, they may invite a lecturer of international repute to deliver the lecture and the best paper may be selected for a presentation instead of an oration.
- The press should not be invited and photographs and accounts of the lecture should not be published in the newspapers, without the permission of the College Council.
- Copyright of the oration belongs to the College of Anaesthesiologists & Intensivists of Sri Lanka.
Dr Gita Jayathilaka
Secretary (Scientific Affairs)